I am so excited to announce that the Collaborative, the ACLU of Texas, Vinson & Elkins, Tahirih Justice Center, and Houston Volunteer Lawyers are launching an Immigrant Rights Hotline in Houston on Wednesday, Feb. 22 @9am.
Hotline number: 1-888-507-2970.
Operating: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm.
Please feel free to circulate this number and the attached flyer to your clients, communities, and networks.
If you are interested in volunteering, sign up at: https://portal.makejusticehappen.org/signups/hotline.aspx
The hotline will equip volunteers to respond to a variety of calls, such as:
- General questions about current immigration laws, rules, and regulations, including the Executive Orders on immigration issues
- Questions about the Travel Ban impacting refugees and citizens of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen
- Reporting a hate incident or discrimination
- Questions about the rights immigrants have regarding their legal status and immigration enforcement
- Families looking for help in locating their detained relatives
- Individuals looking for immigration legal services
- Referrals for other types of legal representation (e.g. civil law issues)
Andrea Guttin, JD, MA